How to Navigate the
Film & Television Industry
to Get Your Idea Sold or Made into Movies & TV Series
Made into a Movie
Susan Harrow Interviews
1 audio CD, 60+ minutes with
electronic transcript (37 pp PDF)
Do you have:
- An idea that you think could be turned into a movie?
- A screenplay
or hot property hidden in a drawer or sitting on your desk ready
to be produced?
- A non-fiction book or a fiction book that you want to develop
into a feature film, TV pilot, movie of the week, or cable TV
- A project that you know will make a great film, movie, television
show, or book, but just don't know where to take it?
- A friend or acquaintance whose life story should be made into
- A story to tell, but find yourself still stalling?
- A project you're trying to sell with no success, and don't
understand why your screenplay, novel, non-fiction book, fiction
book, self help book, life story or idea isn't finding the right
If you said "YES" to any of the above, I suggest you
read on to see your work as a movie or TV show and your name roll
up in the credits.
Join me, media coach & marketing strategist Susan Harrow,
while I interview Philippa Burgess, a partner in Creative Convergence
Inc, a Los Angeles entertainment firm that produces film and TV
projects, to discover how you can get your screenplay, book, story
or idea made into a movie or television series.
Philippa will walk you through some important information you
need to know to make inside Hollywood's extremely competitive system.
Many people don't understand that not only is there a special language
you must speak to be seen as professional, but there is also an
accepted way to "schmooze,"
present your property, and
- The five recent trends that have changed the face of movies,
television, and publishing - and present you with more opportunities
than ever before.
- The importance of authenticity in becoming a household name.
- What "must see" TV is and what it means for you.
- Key components of a "hot property" and how you can
make yours one of them.
- Ways to tap into the huge new Cable TV market.
- The importance of having a clear message and a built-in audience.
- Why your property needs to be either mass-market or highly
- Why published books, ordinary people, and experts in their
fields are sought after commodities.
- How by starting small you can make it big--begin as an acorn
to become an oak.
- Insider secrets about how the Hollywood machine works and how
you can become a part of it.
- Why going to virtual and in-person conferences helps you become
an insider in the Hollywood system.
- Why you are an important part of your package--and tips to
maximize your talents.
- The Three Reasons Hollywood Buyers Buy - What are they looking
for? From whom? And what motivates them to commit to your project?
- What your literary agent may not know about Hollywood that
can help you take control of your film and television rights,
with your agent or publicist's blessing.
- How to assess if your material is a feature film,
television movie, or television series.
- How to get in front of the right people in the right way.
Burgess is an entertainment professional and partner at Creative
Convergence Inc., (CCVI) a Los Angeles based entertainment firm. The company encompasses literary management, film & television
production, and business consulting. CCVI represents writers and
directors for film and television, consults on entertainment and
media brands, and have sold properties to Lifetime, CBS/Paramount,
ABC/Touchstone, Cable TV, and publishers like HarperCollins. Their
select list of business consulting and brand management clients
includes celebrity chefs, holistic practitioners, and screenwriting
gurus. Philippa started her career at International Creative Management
(ICM) before establishing a boutique literary management firm which
subsequently evolved into Creative Convergence. She's a star
speaker in T. Harv Eker's Never Work Again Seminars and an industry
seminar leader for the National Association of Television Producers
and Executive. She is an active speaker, teacher and writer on
the subject of marketing for writers.
Order the audio CD plus PDF transcript:
Or, order just the CD:
Audio recording of a live 1-hour seminar
Audio CD, $39.95 + postage and handling
just the electronic transcript (PDF)
for instant download now.
Electronic transcript (PDF, 37 pp), $39.95
Receive this audio CD entirely at our risk. We want our products
to delight you. Within 30 days if you are not absolutely convinced
that Susan Harrow’s strategies work, or if you’re dissatisfied
for any reason, we will refund your money (excluding e-books, shipping
NOTE: The transcript file will be available as
a downloadable Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file. After completing
your order you will see a DOWNLOAD window along with
your order confirmation page. Click on the download
link, and the file will download to your computer. Once
the file transfer is completed, you can open it by double-clicking
on it. If you don't see a download popup, don't worry--you'll
also receive a download link via email. This link will
remain active for 24 hours.
You will need Acrobat Reader version
6.0 and above to read or print this file. Acrobat Reader
has been installed on most computers since 1999.
here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader if you